After observing some of the latest findings with the recent MT update, there has been a couple common settings that have been found to actually help improve performance even more. As everyone's rig differs, this may make a difference if you are not seeing as many gains as others are claiming.
- Ensure shadows are on "High". Users have reported that if you have shadows on low or off - that MT actually may not be kicking in on their machine. Stash also had this issue.
- Turn flat shadows blurring off.
- If using Nvidea, ensure that your hardware acceleration is on. On Windows 10, head into Settings > System > Display > Graphics Settings and toggle on "Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling." On Windows 11, navigate to Settings > System > Display > Graphics > Change Default Graphics Settings and enable "Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling."
- Turn the default Windows setting for "VBS" off. More info here: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-vbs-harms-performance-rtx-4090#xenforo-comments-3800626 How to turn this setting off is shown here: https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/disable-vbs-windows-11
- Lastly, keep an eye on your cooling temps now that MT is enabled. Users are reporting temp spikes like never seen before in DCS...